Health officials worldwide are monitoring a respiratory illness outbreak caused by a new coronavirus named COVID-19. Fairview has a plan for monitoring and responding to this potential pandemic and we encourage your firm to do the same.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR ME?
Below are important resources and information regarding pandemic response measures:
- Response Planning: Gather a response plan and policy to address a potential pandemic.
- Monitoring: Establish an in-house Response Team, comprised of key employees, responsible for monitoring information on COVID-19; these individuals should communicate relevant updates to members of the firm as needed.
- If members of your firm travel out of state, especially to high-risk areas, consider requesting they work remotely until it is clear they are not affected by the virus
- Monitor travel restrictions.
- Minimizing Potential Impact:
- Ensure that you maintain a clean office space and wash hands frequently.
- Employees who feel sick should stay home.
- Establish a plan in case your firm experiences higher than usual absenteeism.
For more in-depth information regarding COVID-19 and how it may affect where you reside, please reference the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.